Posted on 28 Feb 2016

FitFarms Weight Loss Camp's Healthy King Prawn and Seaweed Recipe

So, first week of the year is over. It had its up and downs but for me the joy of seeing the clients every day is multiplied by the increased joy they give off everyday, the food is an important part of their day and is recognised as 70% of the training results one achieves the other 30% being the training. With six meal times a day needless to say, it’s a challenge to keep up, but a rewarding one at that.

Sometimes it was hard to see people struggle with no sugar, but together the team managed to aid all those to get through it and shortly after they became a new person. Adapting to a no sugar diet and actually a totally different diet can be a strain on the Adrenal gland in the production of hormones due to deficiencies in food from previous neglect.

By day 4, everybody was firing on all cylinders, and my job is to make sure that they get their fats, fibres, proteins and carbs, so they can exercise without burning off their muscles, just their fat. After a roast on Sunday keeping things in tradition it was time for a yummy lunch, one of my favourite foods is fish. Notably king prawns, so I thought I’d treat them with this, combined with some cornish seaweed, pomegranates and cooked in coconut oil it certainly was a superfood meal, with the couscous (so nice they named it twice) and pepper salad lunch time certainly was a happy place. This is a great meal, hot or cold, and can easily be made in bulk to take with you on the go.

- Ingredients

  • 130g king prawns
  • teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil
  • 20g of seaweed
  • 10g of pomegranates

- Pinch of salt and pepper

- All in a pan and your away.

- Simply then cook your couscous, (not in the microwave and pad about 50g of it with a mixture of peppers, some chopped parsley and, cold pressed rapeseed oil right at the end, and you have one tasty treat of a meal.

Special blog post editorial from one of our FitFarms Health and Fitness instructors.

Image Credit:

We are the original FitFarms, featured on TV. Also featured in...

  • BBC
  • Daily Mail
  • 5
  • The Telegraph
  • ITV News
  • Channel 4
  • The Times