FitFarms Camping May Holiday

FitFarms Camping May Holiday

Postby admin » Sat May 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello there campers,

I hope you are looking forward to your FitFarms course.

It would be great if you could give us a few lines on why you have decided to join us and how you are feeling about the course ahead.

See you soon

Stephen and Team :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
admin
Site Admin

Re: FitFarms Camping May Holiday

Postby cherjo » Sun May 22, 2016 10:06 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Cher and I am coming to the Glamping group starting on Friday. I have been to Fitfarm once before and even though I was absolutely terrified beforehand, I absolutely loved it! Has any one else been before? Also is anyone else doing the following week (starting 3 June) as well? I have decided to give it a shot!

If anyone hasnt been before and wants to ask any questions, feel free. I haven't done the glamping before but.I can share anything about my previous week at FitFarm. The instructors are absolutely amazing, so positive and supportive. Also really adept at structuring things to suit different peoples abilities. Get ready for a fabulous life changing time!!! Lets hope the sun shines, but not too much!! Xx
cherjo

Postby edwa » Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 am

I have struggled to manage my weight for most of my adult life and have tried to lost weight through various faddy diets in the past. I am looking for a more healthy and sustainable approach to losing weight and I am hoping that Fitfarms will help kick start a more permanent change. I am at very high risk of developing diabetes due to family history and know I need to take action now. I am attending with my 12 year old daughter and want her to benefit from a healthy attitude to nutrition and exercise. I am worried about being able to participate in the activities as I am really unfit and overweight.
edwa

Postby cherjo » Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am

Wow that is so fantastic that your daughter is coming too. I really wish my husband and kids would come along but no joy so far.

I feel that the week I spent earlier this year was really.life changing. If you are looking for long term sustainable appproach then that is exactly the fit farms approach. At tthe workshop where they explain about why we 'fail' at diets and exercise and end up in yoyo situations, I felt like the scales were falling away from my eyes. Since.coming back from FF my earing habits have changed completely and I feel well for the first time in Mny years after a prolonged period of ill health. Please dont worry about the exercise being too much. The instructors are really experienced at supporting ALL levels. At my previous week there were people who exercised regularly and did triathlons and mountaineering together with people that had done literally nothing except sit at a desk or lie down for 7 years and everyone worked to their maximum and everyone else in the group supported the others. There was no judging. The thing that stood out was everyone had signed up because they were motivated and wanted to change and that was the positive basis that FitFarm bult on. There was no bullying or unhealthy comparisons. The group really really supported.each other and we continue to do so now on Facebook in a private group that Fitfarms set up for us. So dont worry!! Just look forward to it. Your daughter is so lucky being exposed to this approach to eating and exercise at a young age. I really really wish I had had it. Well done!
cherjo

Postby edwa » Sun May 22, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks Cherjo, thank you for your reassurance. Really looking forward to meeting you. I'm very conscience that I am passing on my unhealthy attitudes to my daughter and want her to see that my thinking is completely wrong. I know she will be a brilliant motivator for me during the week too and to be honest, we're just looking forward to having a bit of girly fun time together :)
edwa

Postby michellba » Sun May 22, 2016 11:17 am

Hi guys

Very excited need to get focusing on healthy eating and exercise. Need to lose some weight and tone my tummy. Want to be fab for my holidays later in the year. Meet new people with the same goals and encourage each other

From Michell :D
michellba

Postby kimre » Sun May 22, 2016 11:43 am

(Reposting with my username. Was given someone else's! )

Hi all.

I did 2 fitfarms back in the early days - somewhere around 2008 I think it was! We were living in Paris at the time (we are Aussies) and I needed a break with some english speaking people! Fitfarms is Totally addictive. I did the first then went back two months later just because! This led me to meeting some lovely ladies and we are friends to this day. We went on to meet and run half marathons and other running events together like the Paris 20km. All this from practically zero fitness for some of us.

Since then I have moved country 3 times (France/Australia/France/England) and had a third child at the age of 42. I credit my fitfarm experience for kickstarting my motivation and desire to put my mind and body in the healthy state to even consider pregnancy at that age (10 years after the last one!) it was my fittest and easiest pregnancy.

Now that I live in the UK I was keen to rekindle my fling with fitfarms so here I am...looking forward to a week away in the fresh English countryside, eating wholesome food, and reconnecting with myself and my health goals. If I can lose some weight and stubborn stomach fat too it would be a bonus!

I look forward to meetiing you all and to laughing in empathy when we hear the groans each of us will make when we sit down and get up again from our seats (delayed onset muscle soreness day 2/3)!!! Don't be scared, we will all feel it...

See you Friday, fingers crossed for gorgeous weather.
Kim
kimre

Postby lucyho » Sun May 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi Everyone. I'm Lucy and I will be coming along from Hertfordshire with my daughter, Libby (15) to the family camping week. We were looking for something to do over the May half term as a family, and despite offering up sun, sea and sangria we could not seem to agree on how to spend the week so for the first time ever we have decided to split camps. I genuinely cannot even remember how we came across Fitfarms, but it sounds like we are going to have an amazing week and we are really looking forward to meeting you all. Roll on Friday!
lucyho

Postby adelai » Tue May 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Adelaide (Addy) I am 22 and from Australia, I am attending the Worcestershire camping on Sunday.Ever since I was about 16 I became overweight, becoming unhealthy with food choices and portion sizes, back home I have done some boot camps that I have really enjoyed and did really well but unfortunately as soon as I move here I slipped back into old habits. I am ready to change my life now, I am coming into a really important stage of my life and I want to be confident in my self. I have read the reviews on fit farm and it sounds like it's exactly what I need.

See you all soon :D
Addy
adelai

Postby kimre » Thu May 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Another Aussie! This is what you need Addy. I moved from Australia to France and from Australia to England and I call it my 'food honeymoon' when I put on weight enjoying the food in a new country. Sadly the UK does not have as much variety in 'clean eating' but there is some change afoot. See you tomorrow.

Kim
kimre

Next

Return to Pre Course Chat & Post Course Comments